Mom's Loaded Mashed Potatoes


These are no ordinary mashed potatoes. My mom introduced me to the world of loaded mashed potatoes a few years ago, and I have gained an estimated 4lbs. solely because of this side dish. It's just too good, and reading this blog won't serve it justice. Just make them, pretty pretty please.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups mashed potatoes (I use premade mashed potatoes, or you can make my garlic mashed potatoes from scratch), stir in your favorite mix-in's such as:
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheese (I like cheddar), plus additional shredded cheese for the top
  • 1/2 cup crumbled bacon (Bacon bits work well if you're in a hurry)
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • Minced garlic or garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onion (optional)
Directions:
  • Cook potatoes as directed (whether homemade or packaged)
  • Combine all ingredients
  • Spread in a greased cassarole pan, sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, and bake at 350 degress until warm (about 20 minutes). I placed my potatoes in individual ramekins (pictured) which are great for intimate dinner parties.
  • Top with chives
Love and taters,

-->
Content Copyright © 2009 by Rachael Wadsworth and All Kinds of Yumm. All rights reserved. Click here to read our Privacy Policy. Click here to read our Cookies Policy.